Matt Gibson’s Adventure Travel Site is one of the most read and trusted adventure travel blogs on the net receiving more than 26,000 visitors each month who read more than 43,000 pages of award-winning adventure travel stories, how-to articles, destination guides, and gear reviews. More than half of this audience is aged 35 – 64, lives in the USA, and earns over $60,000 per year.
I’m a professional adventure travel writer and photographer. I’ve amassed a large audience through my work as the About.com Snowboarding Guide and my columns on the Huffington Post, Travel + Escape, and Transitions Abroad. This blog is a window through which readers get an inside look at my life. Readers visit Matt Gibson’s Adventure Travel Site for carefully crafted photoessays, to learn about how I make my living, to find out what gear I use and why, and for information about places I’ve visited. Although I do write narratives about destinations, musings on the nature of travel, and even the occasional list, Matt Gibson’s Adventure Travel Site is unique among travel blogs in that it focusses exclusively on outdoors adventures and is written from the perspective of a working freelance professional writer and photographer.
Traffic (October, 2012 | Google Analytics)
- Visitors Per Month: 26,000+
- Pageloads Per Month: 43,000+
- Average Visit Length: 1:16
- Average Pageviews Per Visit: 1.6
- Primary Traffic Sources: United States (58%), Canada (7%), Great Britain (7%), Philippines (4%), and Taiwan (3%).
- Email Newsletter Subscribers: 300+
- Email and RSS Subscribers: 220
* Google Analytics | Last updated October, 2012
- Facebook Fans: 5000+
- Facebook Friends: 780
- Twitter Followers: 4000+
- Google + Circles: 250
- Klout: 67 Influential in Travel and Tourism, Photography, and Writing.
- Google Page Rank: 5
- Domain Authority: 46
- Alexa Rank: <180,0000
I’ve Worked With
18-24: 18% | 25-34: 22% | 35-44: 9% | 45-54: 27% | 55-64: 23%
Female: 53% | Male: 47%
Some Post Secondary Education: 27% Undergraduate Degree: 31% Post-Graduate Studies: 12%
$30 – 60K: 47% $60 – 100K: 32% $100+K:21%
Awards and Media Mentions
- Named one of the Top 100 Travel Photographers in the World by ChiliSauce
- Interviewed by HotelsCheap.org
- Interviewed by Philippines Travel Photos
- Photoessay Sugar Bowl Powder Porn featured in Snow Travel Magazine
- Feature article Adventurous Taipei appeared in En Voyage (the Eva Air inflight magazine)
- Mentioned on Gadling.com for my post about House Hunters International being fake
- Starred in an episode of HGTVs House Hunters International
- Interviewed on CBC radio’s Cross Country Checkup about travel (download an .mp3 of the broadcast here)
- Chosen as one of Canada.com’s 11 Travel Canadian Travel Bloggers Sure to Inspire
- Mentioned on Tripping’s list of the best adventure travel blogs in the world.
- Ranked one of the best travel blogs in Canada by Easy Voyage.
- Mentioned by ZeTrip for having exceptional travel photography.
- Ranked one of the most influential travel blogs in the world by Konnector
- Ranked among Nomadic Samuel’s Top 100 Travel Blog
- I was interviewed by Vagabundo Magazine
- I was interviewed by Tim Leffel’s Travel Writing 2.0
- I was interviewed by Flip Nomad
- I was interviewed by Nomadic Samuel
- I was interviewed by Travel Link Sites
- 1st Place: TravelerVoice’s Best Ecotoursim Blog
- Semi-Finalist (Top 125) in Austin-Lehman’s Best Travel Blogs Contest
- Taiwanderful’s Best Travel Blog in Taiwan (popular vote)
- One of Awarding the Web’s Top Fifty Travel Blogs of 2010 (the website was not available at the time of writing)
- ODP Top Fifty Blogs for Travel Writing in 2010
- GoOverseas Top Ten Taiwan Blogs
- OnlineDegree.net Top Twenty Travel Blogs